SUBNET Solutions Inc. is a global software solutions provider for electrical utilities. SUBNET focuses on Making Power Grids More Intelligent®. Founded in 1992, SUBNET is an industry leader providing intelligent solutions that securely connect real time electrical utility field information with utility business systems to enable Smart Grid solutions. Over 200 utilities worldwide rely on SUBNET software to safely manage and monitor thousands of substations. SUBNET is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a Cisco Developer Network Connected Energy Partner.
SUBNET is growing and is looking for a career driven professional for our Chief Cyber Security Architect position. The location of this position is negotiable.
The Chief Cyber Security Architect is a strategic member of the Business Development Team and provides the cyber security oversight required for driving both business direction and new product development. The Chief Cyber Security Architect stays engaged within the industry to understand latest cyber security trends and technologies. They are the liaison between the industry and the internal SUBNET teams for this information. The Chief Cyber Security Architect reviews engineering proposals to ensure they follow sound cyber security practices.
SUBNET takes a pro-active approach to Cyber Security. We want to make an impact, not just follow the lead.
The Chief Cyber Security Architect reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
This position is responsible for:
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in industry trends and technologies related to cyber security.
- Authoring industry-specific whitepapers and case studies.
- Presenting authored works at tradeshows and conferences.
- Leading special projects or investigations that have high cyber security visibility.
- Assessing customer issues. Determining solution gaps to problems and providing proposals of solutions.
- Contributing to product specifications, requirements, and literature.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, or Computing Sciences from an accredited college or university.
- At least five years of work experience in the field of Cyber Security, SCADA, automation, and system integration.
- Able to work and travel to the United States on business.
- Willing to travel internationally.
- Expert knowledge of cyber security trends, technologies, and their applicability to the utility industry.
- Experience with SCADA communications, automation, and system integration.
- Experience with Microsoft desktop, embedded, and network environments.
- Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of business environments and terminologies.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Detail-oriented with a strong customer service focus.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
The following is considered as asset:
- Proficient in additional languages.
- Professional Engineer license.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation: Negotiable, Full-time Salaried
- Full benefits including disability, life insurance, medical, dental and vision for employees and their families.
- Flex days in addition to vacation.
- Education reimbursement program.
- Employee Personal Spending Account.
- Employee/Employer Matching GRSP Program.
How to Apply:
By email: jobs@SUBNET.com
By fax: 1.403.270.9631
By mail: Attention: Dee Taylor, #100, 4639 Manhattan Road SE, Calgary, AB T2G 4B3